
As I mentioned before, I can not pass up an opportunity to do theme based learning. I always find that students are really engaged. Well, St. Patrick's Day is no different. Why not spend the Monday after the holiday engaging students in a counting game. This works well, as it is up to four players.
St. Patrick Board Game
If the game is too challenging or student are really yearning for more to do, here are some counting sheets as well to work on standards relating to Counting and Cardinality(Kindergarten) and Number and Base Ten Operations(Grade 1 and 2).



I also found this game and a worksheet that was a little more advance. Students have to recognize the properties of particular numbers.
For anyone wondering, I decided to take my own advice and the result was... counting and engagement...FUN!
The player with the orange piece was the winner with 10 Clovers.




No comments:
Post a Comment