Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Can you pay the cost?



According to the guided curriculum, my students were supposed to be reviewing income.  Since income is generated by selling a good or a service, the class went shopping for markers.  The teacher decided to scaffold the lesson by reviewing money with the class.  The lower functioning students in the class worked on identifying coins.  They had  to match coins.  The higher functioning students had to pay the cost to purchase the markers, to help the sell(the teacher) generate an income.



 Task for lower functioning students

 Additional task completed by higher functioning students.



1 comment:

  1. I love this idea, I work in a Pre-K room and we are starting to go over money and income with them. We changed out dramatic play area to a bank and work with money with the kids through play. They love the roll play and the idea of doing something a "grown up" would do. I think teaching children money young will help them form good habits when they get older.


    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete